Garage sales for residential properties are permitted on the first full weekend of March, June, September, and December each year. No permit is required.
COVID-19 Safety Rules: Only outdoor sales are allowed (no indoor garage sales). Attendees must wear face coverings at all times and practice social distancing as required by State health orders.
Regulations for residential garage sales include:
- Sales may only occur on Saturday and/or Sunday
- Sales may begin at 8:00 a.m. and must end at 5:00 p.m.
- Items sold may not be displayed on the public sidewalks, parkways, streets or alleys
- Items sold must be used goods, from your household, and not purchased for resale
- Signs may NOT be posted on telephone poles, public street lights, traffic signs, or on any structure in the public right-of-way (Signs posted illegally will be removed and a fine may be mailed to the responsible party)
- Signs may be posted one week before the sale weekend
- Signs must be taken down one day after the last date of your sale
Persons conducting sales on any unauthorized weekend or violating any of the above regulations will be subject to an Administrative Fine or a misdemeanor citation.
For additional information call Code Enforcement at (714) 667-2780.
For information on Estate Sales, visit the city’s page on the topic.