Our previously teased December 4th event has been canceled due to the recent substantial increase in positive coronavirus numbers and Orange County moving into the purple or Widespread tier. We are sad to cancel our annual holiday event held on the first Friday evening of December, but fret not! We are eager to keep the season bright, so we’ve lined up two December activities – with prizes! – in alignment with public health recommendations, which we hope you’ll love.
Activity #1 – Holiday Decorating Contest
Activity #2 – Holiday Photo Scavenger Hunt
Announcing the very first Fisher Park Holiday Photo Scavenger Hunt! We want to encourage everyone to check out the festive decor in the neighborhoods with your friends and family at your pace. While you’re exploring, take a photo with your crew in front of any of the items listed below.
When? Now through Friday night, December 25th
Who? All residents within Fisher Park neighborhood
Where? Fisher Park, Floral Park, and West Floral Park neighborhood boundaries
How? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Explore the three neighborhoods, seeing if you can spot these scenes found below
- Snap photos of you and/or your family or housemates in front of each scene. The more, the merrier!
- Submit your photos by Friday, December 25th
What? How many of these can you find? 1 point per photo for accuracy, 2 bonus points per photo for creativity with poses.
- A house with all 9 reindeer
- A house lit up with only white lights
- A showman with a top hat
- Some of Santa’s elves
- Giant candy canes
- All blue or all green lights
- 3 inflatables in one yard
- Multiple toy soldiers
- Inflated helicopter
- A sleigh
- Santa and Mrs. Claus
- The Grinch
- A house with lights on the rooftop
- Yoda or any Star Wars character
- Nativity scene
- Christmas tree made with lights
- Lit ornaments hanging from a tree
- Candy canes lining the driveway or walkway
- Peace, joy or noel sign
- Christmas dragon
- Santa in an Outhouse
- Angels singing
- Creative display of reindeer
Then what? Post your photos now through Friday, December 25 to our private Facebook group. If you haven’t already joined, come on over now! For those not on Facebook, send us your photos via email to [email protected].
There will be prizes for accuracy, originality, and creativity, which will be announced at our winter general meeting held virtually on Wednesday, January 21st.